Navigation Menu

sewing furniture DIY decor num nums mi vida loca

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Well 'Ello' Walta!

 Meet Walter. He is from my 'BuggySue & Walter"pattern. My biggest seller. Very easy pattern that is perfect for those wanting to venture into machine applique. It also comes with a lady bug so it's a double pattern. More bang for yer buck! Link to buy this pattern and all my other patterns is coming soon. (should I say pattern one more time?) I am making this for a nephew that was born months ago...yeek! I plan to use minky on the back and bind it with a brown stripe.

Close up of my stitching. I use a blanket stitch on all the pieces and for 'lines', like his glasses and smile, I use a stitch that goes forward then back to make it thicker. If you don't have that fancy shmancy stitch, you could; go over it a few times with a regular straight stitch, use thicker thread, or hand embroidery it.

No comments:

Post a Comment