Navigation Menu

sewing furniture DIY decor num nums mi vida loca

Monday, October 15, 2012

Holiday Pillowcases!

I am currently taking a FABULOUS parenting class and in one of the sessions we talked about the importance of traditions in our homes. It truly touched me. Seriously could talk for hours on the awesomeness of it all.  It really helps our children feel loved and apart of the family.  It gives them treasured memories as well.  And it's just plain ole' fun!  I am trying to start a few new ones and one is a Halloween Pillowcase.  We put them on October 1st for my kiddo's to sleep on, which they think is pretty stinkin' cool, and then on Halloween night they can pull them off and use them as their 'Trick or Treat' bags! You could make some for any other Holiday as well...hmmm...maybe a Valentines piller with a pocket for little love notes would be cute.

p.s. this is not my pillow.
 As for the pattern I used...well...I just made it up as I went along. I did, however, find a link on Pinterest (of course) that has a really easy way to make them if you so desire. There is a link below for the PDF instructions and another link for a step by step video! But please ask any questions if needs be.  I am always happy to help ya!

I challenge you to start a new tradition too!

VIDEO:
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/video/roll-it-up-video.html

PDF: (click on the "Roll It Up" pattern)
 http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/freepatterns/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment